6 yellow peaches
12 amaretti macaroons
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp. marsala
50g almonds, chopped
1tsp cocoa powder
1 lemon, zested
Splash of white wine
Extra butter and sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat oven 180 degrees
- Lightly grease an oven proof dish with butter. Cut the peaches in half, remove the stones and hollow out some of the flesh.
- Place the peach halves in the dish (the cut side up). Chop the peach pulp, crush the macaroons and stir together in a bowl with the egg yolks, marsala, almonds, sugar, cocoa and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Fill each of the peach halves with the mixture, sprinkle with white wine, dust with a little sugar and top with a small piece of butter on each peach.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. Once golden take out, cool slightly and serve warm with mascarpone or ice cream.