4 pitted dates, finely diced
½ cup honey
90ml vegetable oil
225g ripe banana, mashed
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup cashew nuts
½ cup almonds
4 pitted dates
Juice of one orange
Shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat the Electrolux Steam oven to 130°C using the Electrolux Steam function.
- Grease and line a 16cm cake tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a big bowl and set aside.
- Mash the bananas with a fork, adding 4 tbsp of milk while mashing. Set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs, then add honey and oil and mix.
- Add mashed bananas to the egg mix using a spatula or wooden spoon. Mix well.
- Fold in the sifted flour using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and cook for 25-30 mins.
- Let the cake rest for at least 5 mins before removing from tin.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender to make a thick paste (not too dry). Spread over the cake. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Add a few pieces of caramelised banana and pineapple can be used as a garnish to finish.