1kg carrots*, peeled and cut into batons
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
250ml white wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 brown onion, peeled and sliced
½ cup white vinegar
Goat curd to serve (optional)
½ cup chopped parsley
*Marinated for one week
- Cook the carrots in salted boiling water for 5 to 6 mins.
- Drain and place in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine all the other ingredients with the carrots (except for the parsley and goat curd) and marinate. Let it cool.
- Add the chopped parsley and refrigerate until needed.
- Taste and add more vinegar if needed. Marinate for at least 1 week before eating.
- To serve sprinkle with oregano leaves and serve with goat curd.