½ cup olive oil
1 large red onion, halved and sliced thin
6 cloves garlic, finely sliced
6 red capsicums
50ml aged red wine vinegar
½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped roughly
½ cup picked basil leaves
¼ cup picked and chopped oregano leaves
2 tab baby capers, rinsed well
Salt and pepper
- Over fire or grill rub a small amount of oil on the peppers and cook the skin on all sides until charred. If using an oven place oven on maximum temp and place peppers on a wire rack and cook until the skin is blistered. Remove and place in an air-tight container to sweat.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining olive oil in a pot and bring up to a high heat. Add onion and garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Remove the skin from peppers and deseed. Chop the peppers into chunks and add to the onion mix, also add any liquid from the peppers.
- Add some more salt and cook until the peppers are soft, add vinegar, sugar and cook a further 2 minutes. Remove peppers from heat and set aside. Once cool add capers and herbs and adjust seasoning.
- Tastes better the next day.
The Chefs Garden recipes
Baked Figs Wrapped in Pancetta with Goat’s Cheese & Nashi PearsLearn the art of creating delectable stuffed figs wrapped in crispy pancetta, complemented by a refreshing salad thanks to Massimo.
Beetroot Salad with Goat’s CurdUnlock the flavours of our roasted beetroot salad with goat’s curd and hazelnuts. Tender beetroots, paired with a medley of fresh herbs and a luscious goat’s curd. Elevate your dining experience with this vibrant and delicious salad
Gnocchi with Tomato SugoLearn how to make a delicious homemade gnocchi with a savory tomato and bail source with Massimo Mele.
Honey & Yogurt Panna Cotta with Fresh BerriesIndulge in the velvety goodness of our vanilla panna cotta topped with a burst of macerated berries. This creamy delight, perfectly balanced with elderflower vinegar, is a dessert masterpiece that will elevate your dining experience.
PepperonataElevate your culinary skills with our roasted pepper and caper relish recipe. Char peppers to perfections, combine them with aromatic onions, garlic and a flavourful blend of ingredients. This versatile relish gets even better with time.